Berney Arms Windmill

| 0 |  4 

The Berney Arms Windmill is currently owned by English Heritage and is located on the north bank of the River Yare about 3.5 miles north-east of Reedham. The windmill is one of Norfolk’s best and largest marsh mills, built to grind a constituent of cement and was in use until 1951, for subsequently pumping water to drain surrounding marshland.

This collection of images was taken over November and December on a few days where the weather conditions were ideal to capture the beauty of this part of Norfolk at sunset and just after. Theses images were taken from the river front near to Burgh Castle showing the view of the Burgh Flats and River Yare. When the waters here are calm you can get some amazing water reflections.

, , , , , ,

Collections, Great Yarmouth District, Norfolk, The Broads

 No Comments  ( Add yours )

There are currently no comments posted.

 Leave a comment

Please note that all comments are moderated before they are publically published to check for spam.